The Way of Santiago receives award for 2015 Protecturi posted: 2015-12-02 10:58:00
The Camino de Santiago has been awarded the Protecturi Award for 2015 for its contribution to universal culture and heritage. This is the second major acknowledgement that the Camino de Santiago has been awarded in 2015. This is after its inclusion as a UNESCO heritage site. It has been the first European Cultural Route to be declared a World Heritage Site. As well as being spiritually significant, the Camino de Santiago is an exceptional example of natural beauty and historical heritage throughout the route. UNESCO has indicated several sites of interest along the Way including:
- Oviedo: The Monuments of Oviedo and the Kingdom of the Asturias. This is located on at the beginning of the Original Way.
- Burgos: Burgos Cathedral. This Gothic cathedral is located on the French Way
- Santiago de Compostela: Santiago de Compostela (Old Town).
- Seville: Cathedral, Alcázar and Archivo de Indias in Seville.
- Ponferrada: Las Médulas.
- Lugo: Roman Walls of Lugo
- Portugalete: Vlzcaya Bridge
Walking the Camino de Santiago is an experience not to be missed.
Take look at a Brief History of the Camino de Santiago here
If you have any questions about walking the Camino, the Camino de Santiago tours or our services, please feel free to email us at email@example.com
Why should you choose Follow the Camino?
Peace of Mind
Dedicated point of contact
Leading Camino tour operator
98% customer satisfaction
24/7 customer service and emergency support
Once in a lifetime trip
Selected and tested accommodation
Explore Europe on foot